- Journey of Faith Christian Community is holding its Journey Junction Saturday from 10 a.m.-4 p.m. at 1243 Artesia Blvd. There will be a cakewalk, sack races and pie eating contest. The event also includes pony rides, a petting zoo, bounce houses, carnival games, a climbing wall, Euro bungee jump, toddler games and a live DJ. Tickets cost $8 per person and $10 at the door. Children under two are admitted at no charge. More details are available here.
- The city's 26th Annual Family Halloween Carnival is set for Saturday from 1-4 p.m. at Manhattan Heights Park, 1600 Manhattan Beach Blvd. Designed for children ages 2 to 13, the carnival offers a parade and costume contest from 1-1:30 p.m. and a host of activities. Booth activities range in price from 50 cents to $2; food is available for purchase, according to the city website.
- The American Martyrs 43rd Parish Fair takes place Saturday and Sunday on school grounds at 1701 Laurel Ave. beginning at 10 a.m. each day. The popular fair includes games, prizes, a giant slide, a bounce house, petting zoo, haunted house, entertainment, silent auction, food, wine tasting, arts and crafts, and a Saturday night dinner and live auction. Information is here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- An opening reception will be held Saturday for "Both Sides of the Lens: Photographers and Digital Artists (PADA) Group Member's Exhibition" from 6-9 p.m. at the Manhattan Beach Creative Arts Center, 1500 Manhattan Beach Blvd. Exhibit days and hours are here.