- The Planning Commission will once again look to approve a master use permit extension for an applicant who's already had three extensions approved on August 25, 2010, July 27, 2011, and September 12, 2012, according to the meeting agenda. The 1008 Investment Group, LLC would like to build a 25,350-square-foot medical and retail use building that includes 22,970 square feet of medical office condominiums, a 665-square-foot pharmacy and a 1,715-square-foot coffee shop with an outdoor patio area from 1000-1008 Sepulveda Blvd. Their initial three-year permit was issued in July 2007. The extension renewal fee is $2,195, according to a letter from the investors' managing member. City staff recommends the commission approve the extension. The Planning Commission meeting will be held Wednesday beginning at 6:30 p.m. in council chambers, 1400 Highland Ave. The meeting is webcast live.
- The 2013 Jimmy Surf Fiesta takes place Sunday beginning at 8 a.m. at 42nd Street and the beach/waterline. Proceeds benefit the Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation's work to provide an Ocean Therapy Program for Marines, veterans and children. Details here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- It's Homecoming Week at Mira Costa High School where a bunch of spirited activities have been taking place daily. The week culminates at Friday night's home football game against West High School 7 p.m.
- Students at American Martyrs School are out on Thursday due to Faculty Development Day. The Manhattan Beach Unified School District held its Faculty Development Monday. Students in the district did not attend school that day.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something