- Michael Hayden, a California Teacher of the Year, will be honored by the Manhattan Beach City Council at its Tuesday night meeting. Details here. By the way, current Mayor Pro Tem Amy Howorth will probably get the nod, at the same meeting, to take over as mayor.
- Donate toys through Friday for the 21st Annual Beach Cities Toy Drive. Details here.
- The Manhattan Beach Yuletide 5K takes place Saturday at 5:30 p.m. The event includes a 5K Run/Walk for all ages, the Elves Dash 1K (ages 7-12) at 6:30 p.m., the Little Elves 400m (ages 3-6) at 6:40 p.m. and Crawlers 50m (2 years old and younger) at 6:50 p.m. Sign up online. More details here.
- The city is offering free holiday parking. Details here.
- Get "Patched In" to receive alerts on breaking news as it happens in Manhattan Beach. Make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
Manhattan Beach PD Releases Sketch of Suspected…
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something