- Three downtown merchants are raising funds Tuesday night for Walk With Sally's October breast cancer awareness campaign. Bella Beach, Bella Beach Kids and Manhattan Denim will donate 15 percent of the day's sales to the campaign and invite supporters and shoppers to join them for socializing and shopping from 6-9 p.m. Casa Dumetz Wines of Los Alamos will be at the event. Bella Beach is at 227 Manhattan Beach Blvd. and Manhattan Denim is 920 Manhattan Ave. Related: Beckers Bakery Goes Pink to Donate Proceeds for Breast Cancer Research
- City Council keeps up its "let's have a meeting every week" pace Tuesday during a joint meeting with the Cultural Arts Commission. The agenda includes discussion of whether or not five identified sets of stairs leading from The Strand to the sand should include any type of art elements. The city intends to replace stairs at 20 locations for safety. The meeting is set for 6 p.m. in the conference room of the police and fire facility, 415/420 15th St. The meeting will not be broadcast live, however, it will be recorded, according to the city website.
- Free flu shots are available Thursday. The Los Angeles County Department of Health will offer free shots for all from 1–4 p.m. Manhattan Beach Unified School District is hosting the clinic. Details here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- The Salem witch trials are coming to Manhattan Beach later this week when Mira Costa High School drama students stage Arthur Miller's "The Crucible." Opening night is Friday; showtime is 7:30 p.m. More shows are available. Details here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something