An unplanned electrical outage has occurred in your area, temporarily interrupting your Southern California Edison (SCE) service.
Unplanned Outage # 588829 started on 9/15/2013 at approximately 7:05 AM and may have affected service at the following address:
VALLEY/8TH MANHATTAN BEACH ,CA,90266- Service Account: 5393 Meter: 211010-024317
The outage is affecting approximately 1199 customers. At this time, we have not determined the cause of the outage.
Because unplanned outages may occur at any time, SCE has 24/7 emergency response. When the estimated service restoration time is available, we will send you an e-mail update message.
Please note that this outage may not be related to any rotating outages that could be occurring in your area.
For information on the status of this outage, please contact:
SCE 24-Hour Customer Communication Center Phone: (800) 611-1911 www.sce.com/outage www.twitter.com/sce www.facebook.com/SCE
SCE Unplanned Outage Communications Phone: 855-683-9067 E-Mail: email@example.com Follow us on Twitter @SCE_Business and join SCE Business Group on LinkedIn for energy-saving tips, program updates, and much more.
Please reference the unplanned outage number above.
Helpful Tips: Although unplanned outages are unpredictable, it helps to be prepared. To reduce the impact of possible future outages on your people and facilities, we recommend you follow these tips:
• Download the SCE mobile app available on the App Store and Google Play to stay updated on the event status.
• Turn off equipment and appliances, including computers and laptops. This helps prevent potential equipment damage when power is restored.
• Outages affect alarm systems and possibly private phone systems. After any outage, notify your security and/or phone companies to let them know you have experienced an outage.
• Make sure you can override, or manually operate, your garage or security gates.
• Know where your main breaker (circuit breaker or fuse box) is located. Learn how to reset the circuit breaker or safely change a fuse, and keep the correct spares handy.
We apologize for any inconvenience this temporary outage may have caused, and we appreciate your patience and understanding as we actively work to restore your service and increase system reliability.