- Today's the last day for 7 percent of your purchase at Grow to be donated to a participating school of your choice. Details here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- Find out about Sesame Moe's new name and its fundraising dining opportunity that benefits Walk With Sally. Details here.
- See what Mira Costa High School alumni will be inducted into the Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame Friday night during a home football game.
- The 40th anniversary of the installation of their Schlicker Organ will be honored with a concert at the Manhattan Beach Community Church, 303 S. Peck Avenue, on Saturday. The Manhattan Beach Community Church Celebration Orchestra under the direction of Rob Istad and Lee Lassetter, the church's organist, will perform beginning at 7:30 p.m. A music discussion will take place at 6:30 p.m. Tickets are $100 and include special seating, a post concert reception and door prize. Reserved seats are $25. Call (310) 376-6032 for tickets and details. Concert proceeds will go to benefit the programsat the Manhattan Beach Community Church and the benevolences of SHIPMATES, such as Project Needs, 1736 Crisis Center, Salvation Army, and others, according to the church website.