1. M.B. Post opens Fridays for lunch beginning June 1, according to an article on la.eater.com.
2. The Strand House has opened for lunch Tuesday through Friday, 11 a.m.-3 p.m. with a menu by chefs Neal Fraser and Greg Hozinsky, according to la.eater.com. Here's some information about lunch, including a menu on losangeles.grubstreet.com.
3. Manhattan Beach movie goers no longer have a venue in the city for movie watching. Pacific Theatres closed the theaters in Manhattan Village after showings on Monday, May 28.
4. Actor Joaquin Phoenix caused a commotion in El Porto this week when he and a film crew went to work in the parking lot and on the sand. According to the Daily Mail, the untitled Spike Jonze helmed comedy film has Phoenix' character falling in love with the computer voice on his mobile phone. Photos of Phoenix during the shoot are available on joaquinphoenixcentral.com.
5. Volunteers from the Team One ad agency in El Segundo will clean up Veterans Parkway, aka the greenbelt, from 2-4 p.m. Friday. Greenbelt restoration enthusiast and Manhattan Beach resident Jeanne Jackson told MB Patch that she and the volunteers will being work at the Sepulveda bridge. Jackson said the volunteers will dig out foxtails and "hack back the ever-aggressive ice plant that threatens to engulf the newly established beds and trees." Foxtails are "tenacious weeds and their barbs get stuck in dogs' eyes, nose, ears and in-between their toes," said Jackson.