It’s lighter, thinner, has bumped its screen from 3.5 inches to 4 and will move beyond the 3G capacity of the iPhone 4s into the top-notch 4G LTE networks.
Indeed, Apple, Inc. (AAPL) debuted its latest smart phone Wednesday, the iPhone 5, and pretty much what had been leaked about the new mobile device was what was delivered.
Folks interested in buying the iPhone 5 can place a pre-order starting this Friday, Sept. 14. Apple stores will sell the device a week later on Sept. 21.
Here is the closest iPhone store in the area:
Manhattan Beach, Manhattan Village, 3200 Sepulveda Boulevard; (310) 421-3720
Some of the iPhone 5's highlights include:
- A 4-inch screen with highly sensitive touch sensors
- More networks: Runs with Sprint, Verizon, and AT&T’s LTE networks
- Longer battery life: 8 hours of 3G talk time and 8 hours of 3G and LTE web browsing
- Three microphones in the mix: one on the front, one on the back, and another on the bottom
- New mini Dock Connector “Lightnin”: it’s digital and has eight pins
- Camera: 40 percent faster image capturing, will support panoramic photos and shared photo stream.
Are you impressed by the iPhone 5? What are your favorite features? Or do you think it’s too similar to the iPhone 4 and iPhone 4s? Let us know in the comments.