A man driving an SUV involved in a collision with a motorcycle has been booked and charged for vehicular manslaughter, a misdemeanor, said Stephanie Martin of the Manhattan Beach Police Department Tuesday.
Stephen Lee of Blauvelt, New York, surrendered to MBPD Thursday and was released pending a court date. The warrant for his arrest was issued last Tuesday.
According to an investigation by MBPD's traffic bureau, on Nov. 1, 2012, around 4:28 p.m., Lee was making a left turn from southbound Sepulveda Boulevard onto eastbound Tennyson Street and did not yield to Michael King, who was northbound on Sepulveda. King hit the passenger side of Lee’s vehicle.
King was transported to Harbor General Hospital and transferred to Gardena Memorial Hospital, where he died on Dec. 27, 2012.
- Related: Hermosa Beach Motorcyclist Injured in Collision Dies
- Related: Motorcyclist in Crash Identified
- Related: Hermosa Man Uses Paramedic Skills to Aid Motorcyclist
- Related: Hermosa Beach Motorcyclist Injured in Collision
- Related: Motorcyclist in Collision in Critical Condition