While serving two search warrants in the South Central area of Los Angeles Wednesday, Manhattan Beach police officers found evidence related to an alleged robbery and attempted murder that occurred in MB last Thursday, said MBPD Detective Michael Rosenberger.
Police are searching for an 18-year-old they believe slashed the throat of an employee of the Cigar and Smoke Shop during a robbery the afternoon of Aug. 16. Video taken from a store surveillance camera captured the incident.
Police believe Tyler Rodgers, who is on probation for robbery, is the alleged perpetrator. Rodgers is described as 5’9” tall and 135 lbs.
Anyone with information on Rodger's whereabouts should contact MBPD or their local police agency as soon as possible.
MBPD Detective Michael Rosenberger can be reached at 310-802-5127; MBPD's main line is 310-820-5140.
According to the city's website, anonymous tips can left any of the following ways:
- Leave a voicemail message on the city's Anonymous Crime Tip Hotline at 310-802-5171. (Make sure you speak clearly and slowly and give as much information as possible, e.g. dates, times, addresses, vehicles, and people involved.)
- Fill out the Anonymous Crime Tip Form on the city website.
- Text the letters TIPLA, plus your tip, to 274637 (more instructions below).
- Call the Los Angeles Regional Crime Stoppers 24/7 Call Center using a toll free number: 1-800-222-TIPS (8477); phone lines are encrypted and calls are not recorded.
- Fill out a WebTip online at the Crime Stoppers website.
"Through a partnership with Crime Stoppers, residents can Text-a-Tip anonymously by sending a text message to CRIMES (274637) on a cell phone. Begin the message with the letters TIPLA, followed by the crime tip.
Upon reception of a tipster’s first incoming message, the system will auto-reply with a confirmation containing their unique Tip ID. To submit follow-up information, the tipster simply replies. Nothing else is needed.
All follow-up tips and even your replies from the application are written under the original parent record and shown threaded and date/time stamped in the narrative. The session may be terminated by the tipster texting STOP into the system at any time or by you manually selecting the "Terminate Thread" button from within the application.
Text, phone, and web tips provided through Crime Stoppers are eligible for cash rewards. Vist the Crime Stoppers website for more information.