Some 3,566 Manhattan Beach and Redondo Beach homes and businesses were impacted by the 2:41 p.m. construction mishap, said Nancy Rodriguez Casanova of Southern California Edison Friday. The backhoe "dug into underground cable" at 13th Street and Highland Avenue.
Power was slowly restored with four restorations happening by 4:22 p.m., she said. The next restoration happened at 3:56 a.m., the final one minutes later at 3:58 a.m.
Carmany reported in a comment posted on a Patch article about the power outage that some 744 SCE customers remained without power around 5 p.m. Thursday.
Friday morning he told Patch city hall was the last SCE customer to have power restored.
- Previously: Power Out in Manhattan Beach
- Manhattan Beach County Library Groundbreaking (August 21, 2013)
- New MB Library Moves Forward (March 12, 2013)
- 23 Trees to Fall for New Library Building (March 25, 2013)
- New MB Library Moving Forward (October 8, 2011)