One of Manhattan Beach's more famous moms has made headlines again, moving this time from receiving accolades for her beach volleyball prowess to giving birth to her and husband Casey Jennings' first daughter, Scout Margery Jennings.
Born Saturday at 7:46 a.m., the baby girl joins older brothers Joey, 3, and Sundance, 2, and, of course, mom Kerri Jennings Walsh, 34, and dad Casey, according to eonline.
Jennings Walsh, the 3-time Olympic gold medalist in beach volleyball who wants to go after gold medal no. 4, announced news of this big win on her Facebook account: "She's here! She's here! She's here! Our precious baby girl is finally here! Scout Margery Jennings is as beautiful as can be. She came in like lightening and is all ready a beautiful rainbow ;) so pink & lovely & healthy ♥ Thank you all so very much, with all my heart, for your love, support & prayers. I can't tell you how much it means to me & how very much it helped. Wishing you all a wonderful, blessed day as this day certainly is for us. Xo K."
Walsh Jennings was five weeks pregnant with Scout when she and her Olympic beach volleyball partner Misty May-Treanor earned gold again at the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games.
In February, the MB resident was honored at a City Council meeting.
She is also frequently spotted in Manhattan Beach, as was the case during a recent photo shoot on the beach when she was pregnant with Scout.
- Previously: Kerri Walsh Jennings Honored at City Council Meeting
- Previously: Kerri Walsh Commercial Shoots in MB
- Previously: An Olympic Gold Baby For Kerri Walsh Jennings
- Previously: Kerri Walsh Jennings Practices on the Sands of Hermosa
- Previously: Kerri Walsh Jennings Drops Gold Medal
- Previously: Olympic Athletes Train on MB Sand
- Previously: Kerri Walsh Wants Olympic Gold in London