- The Manhattan Village shopping center enhancement project is the subject of the Tuesday night City Council meeting beginning at 6 p.m. in council chambers at 1400 Highland Ave. The meeting is a continued public hearing to consider certification of a final Environmental Impact Report and approval of a master use permit amendment, height variance and master sign program/exception for the project at 2600 through 3600 Sepulveda Blvd. and 1220 Rosecrans Ave.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- Sign up for the Manhattan Beach Police Department's Nixle account to receive text or email notifications from police.
- Manhattan Beach runners turned out in force Saturday for the Hometown 10K Run, and young and old alike posted some great efforts. Results here.
- The Dunk a Cop dunk tank at the Hometown Fair was a huge hit. Members of the public and law enforcement personnel had a great time pitching in on behalf of the Wound Warrior Project, which receives all funds raised. Video here of Police Chief Eve R. Irvine telling folks to "Bring it on." And boy, they sure did. The chief was dunked way too many times for counting.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something