- Homecoming/Spirit Week at Mira Costa High School ends Friday night with a home football game against West High School at 7 p.m. The Homecoming King and Queen will be announced that evening.
- The 2013 Jimmy Surf Fiesta takes place Sunday beginning at 8 a.m. at 42nd Street and the beach/waterline. Proceeds benefit the Jimmy Miller Memorial Foundation's work to provide an Ocean Therapy Program for Marines, veterans and children. Details here.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- Barsha Wine & Spirits will hold a Wine, Cheese and Chatter with Esterlina Vineyards Sunday from 4-6 p.m. Tickets, priced at $15 and $40 per person, are available online through Friday. A ticket includes wine tasting, cheeses, crackers and charcuterie. Additional food will be available for purchase. Barsha is located at 917 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
- Where are the great spots to see Halloween decorations in Manhattan Beach? Tell us in the comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.