- Celebrate the grand opening of the new state-of-the-art math and science building at Mira Costa High School Tuesday beginning at 5:45 p.m. The public is invited to attend.
- City Council meets Tuesday beginning at 6 p.m. in council chambers at 1400 Highland Ave. The agenda includes a resolution to increase the salaries and benefits for management/confidential employees. Council will also consider the creation of a citywide hospitality improvement district consisting of hotels and the Sepulveda Boulevard bridge widening project. the Manhattan Beach Rotary Club and Soroptimist International of Manhattan Beach will be feted at the meeting's beginning. You can find the agenda and live webcast on this page.
- Make sure you're "Patched In" to get alerts on breaking news as it happens in town this week (and after), make sure you are signed up to get our emails. Click on the 'get the daily newsletter' at the top, right corner of this page. (If you see something that says, "hi, username," then you're already registered. In that case, click on "email settings" under the drop-down tab under your name.)
- Where are the great spots to see Halloween decorations in Manhattan Beach? Tell us in the comments below or email email@example.com.
- Get ready for The Great Shake-Out Earthquake Drill Thursday at 10:17 a.m. You can join millions of people worldwide in practicing how to "Drop, Cover, and Hold On." The drill began in California in 2008 to encourage "the community to review and update emergency preparedness plans and supplies, and to secure your spaces (home and work) in order to prevent damage and injuries." More info here.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.Write a new post...What do you want to share?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something