Fit On Studios to Raise Funds for 1736 Family Crisis Center in First RIDE FOR MOMS
Mother’s Day Brings Week of Activities May 7-11 to Honor Mom
In honor of one of our favorite holidays recognizing the hardest job around – being a Mom – Fit On Studios has created the Ride for Moms charity “race” throughout the week of May 7-11 to bring the South Bay community together and benefit the 1736 Family Crisis Center (FCC), a shelter for women and children. All fees for Fit On indoor cycling classes throughout the week will go directly to the shelter. Fit On’s Barre classes throughout the week are also eligible for the fundraiser and the Studio will match the first $1,000. Fitness fundraisers are also encouraged to form teams and take pledges to help increase the donation to this important organization, which makes a tremendous difference in the lives of some of our most vulnerable women and children.
The 1736 Family Crisis Center is dedicated to “building brighter tomorrows.” Its staff has been moved to serve by some of the most horrific incidents that plague our society daily. From the story of little Tiffany, a diabetic child who was beaten to death by her father for bedwetting, to countless others who have touched the lives of FCC staff, they stand ready to save lives and help clients discover the strength, hope and positive outlook on life that they may have lost.
The RIDE FOR MOMS is just one of the special things taking place at Fit On Studios that week. Additional activities from 8 – 11 am (unless otherwise noted) each day include:
- All Week: Bring your Mom to (free) Ride! Moms accompanying Fit On clients ride free for all indoor cycling classes all week. Of course, we accept and encourage donations from mom as well!
- Monday: YA YA’s Boutique: Jewelry, handbags and other great gifts for mom will be on display in the studio. Everyone can enter YA YA’s raffle for a special treat as well.
- Tuesday: Dr. Scott Rackett of Manhattan Dermatology: Everyone’s favorite MB doc will give us “Five Quick Fixes to Boost Your Skin for Summer.” May is also skin cancer awareness month, so Dr. Rackett will be conducting FREE skin cancer screenings at the studios and speaking about the latest dermatology issues facing women. Dr. Rackett will also raffle off a $300 gift card, something any mom would be thrilled to receive!
- Wednesday: pages: a bookstore: Our literary experts will bring in the latest tomes that best appeal to Mom. They’ll also recommend books on fitness and nutrition and raffle off a selection to a lucky winner.
- Thursday: Body Rio Workout Gear: The latest trends from hot, hot, hot Brazil will be on hand, a great gift for the “fit on” mom. And, don’t miss Thursday’s raffle of Body Rio gear!
- Friday: Massages: Moms can pop in or hang out from 9:15-11 am for some extra pampering with massage chairs provided by Mei’s Massage.